Littering destroys our ocean environments

Why is littering so bad? Littering is bad because plastic goes directly into the sea and when it gets there, it could end up in our sea creatures’ mouths and they could die. Even worse is if they were maimed or deformed because they get tangled in it!! This is never good!

Litter can be blown away into the sea by wind or travel down drains with rain water. Sometimes people just don’t care and throw rubbish straight into the sea (like some people on boats.) We must make people aware of the reasons why we do not throw our rubbish into the sea.

I saw a lot of rubbish on the beach one day but no one picked up any of the rubbish. This made me sad and I started to think of how we can make people more aware of what happens to litter when they just throw it on the ground. I want to tell you people “Stop throwing rubbish into the sea. Our sea is precious, and the animals that live in it are too.

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is the result of rubbish getting  into the sea. Did you know it is the same size as Texas and people call it the great pacific garbage patch because of its size and that it contains between 1.1 to 3.6  trillion pieces of plastic? That’s why people should stop littering especially when we are on land.

In conclusion  now we all know why littering is so bad for the sea animals and even boats because they can’t get through the tangled nets sometimes. We all need to do our part and learn  to “recycle, reuse, reduce and refuse”  to use ‘one use’ plastics. Let us save our oceans together.